fredag den 14. december 2007

Margiela - My hero

He is without a doubt one of my favorite designers. His clothes are so strong, futuristic, beautiful and brilliant.
I am deeply in love with the FW 07/08 collection and his SS 08 collection. I love the big shoulders and his use of color. I admire him and his work highly. And I am not the only one. He has a bunch of fans and is said to be a genious in the fashion business (yes, he is). Nicolas Ghesquiere (Balenciaga) is also a huge fan and has said that he only wears Margiela.


"Martin Margiela (born April 9, 1957 in Leuven, Belgium) is a Belgian fashion designer. He studied at Antwerp's Royal Academy of Fine Arts, graduated 1980 and worked as a freelance designer for five years after graduation. Between 1985 and 1987 he worked for Jean Paul Gaultier, before showing his first collection under his own label in 1988. "


(Pictures below: From the SS 08 collection)
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Ingen kommentarer: