tirsdag den 22. april 2008

fabulous mess mixtape # 1

1. frYars - The Ides
2. Robyn - Heartbeat (Le Heartbeat de la Videoband Remix)
3. Johnny Sexual - I'll love you till you leave
4. MGMT - Time to pretend
5. Cortex - The freaks
6. Black Kids - I'm not gonna teach your boyfriend how to dance with you (The Twelves Remix)
7. Clap Your Hands Say Yeah - Love song nr. 7
8. The Videoband! - C0MPUT3R

"With every heartbeat", "Time to pretend" and "I'm not gonna teach your boyfriend how to dance with you" have all been favourites of mine at different points in time. Because one gets tired of songs one hears again and again, and because remixes freshes favourite songs up a bit, I have in this mixtape put three of my favourite songs in new versions. However, until there exists a nicer remix than the one I had first put up of MGMTs "Time to pretend", I will keep the original.

In this mixtape you also find icelandic Johnny Sexual's wonderful song: "I'll love you till you leave". You can subsribe to his podcast somewhere online that feeds you with his music automatically (to your itunes) every time he makes something new. It is very, very wise/nice. More bands should do this. Here it is: The SAD Sexcast

My love for the 18 year old london boy frYars has been declared earlier on in this blog, so I dont think that one needs any further introduction.

The Clap Your Hands Say Yeah and Videoband songs are also a couple of nice treats!

Another favourite of mine that I was recently introduced to, but dates back all the way to 1981, is the song "We are the freaks" by Cortex. It has the silliest lyrics in bullshit swedish english, and the song itself was made, written and recorded in less than 45 minutes. Despite all this it has a touch of simplistic geniality. And you feel like jumping up and down while singing along to Freddie Wadlings beautifully disturbing voice while picturing yourself standing in the middle of the night on the frozen floor in your kitchen wearing your pyjamas looking really scary and/or being really scared. Apparently you also have a dinosaur riding in your elevator. (I love that part)

fabulous mess mixtape # 1

It will also be made longer when I have more time.

The mixtapes will all have different themes. Right now I think the theme was favourite songs at the moment. And most of the songs were quite fresh/new. Later I will do lots of different variants.

3 kommentarer:

Anonym sagde ...

Great!

For someone like me who doesn't have a clue about music at all, it is a great place to find something new. :)

jannicke sagde ...

haha. sure you do have a clue baixiang!

Gaia Melanie sagde ...

so amazing, Jannicke.